Vendor: Thorne Research
Lysine is an essential amino acid that your body doesn’t produce on its own, which means it must come from diet or supplementation. Primary dietary sources of lysine are meat, poultry, fish, dairy, tofu, lentils, and beans. However, because many individuals don’t get enough lysine through diet alone, supplementation of this essential amino acid is advisable.
Thorne’s L-Lysine uses the purest, most absorbable form of this amino acid – without adding unnecessary additives or preservatives.
Health benefits of lysine include:
- Wound healing – Lysine is often recommended for supporting the healing of sores and wounds because of its benefits to collagen formation and immune function.
- Some evidence indicates lysine can be beneficial for maintaining healthy gum and lip tissues.
- Promotes immune health – lysine provides nutritional support to help your body maintain its natural defenses.
- Skin health – This amino acid is known to promote collagen formation, which in turn benefits the health and elasticity of skin.
- Bone Health – lysine promotes calcium absorption, which is needed to maintain strong bones and teeth.