This product is available exclusively from Inner Strength's Practitioner range, by either:
A Herbal Blend Beneficial During Times of Stress, Nervous Tension and Mild Anxiety.
Herbs in NeuroCalm have been clinically shown to or traditionally used for:
- Patients feeling anxious and tense.
- Exert anxiolytic effects during times of stress.
- Modulate GABA and neurotransmitter pathways.
- Passionflower, in traditional Western medicine, is used for tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia. A constituent that contributes to this effect is apigenin, which has been shown to bind to central benzodiazepine receptors causing anxiolytic effects without impairing cognition.
- Zizyphus and magnolia have been shown in animal studies to modulate neurotransmitter activity via receptor site binding. Interactions have been demonstrated between these herbs and adenosine, dopamine, serotonin and GABA benzodiazepine receptors. Honokiol from magnolia has exhibited anxiolytic effects in animals via interaction with GABA-A receptors and without causing motor dysfunction or CNS suppression. Honokiol may also inhibit catecholamine secretion and enhance cholinergic function. It is via these modulating actions that ingredients in NeuroCalm may encourage balance between the excitatory effects of glutamate and the calmative effects of GABA.